Arrival/Departure Information & Useful Tips
Bavarian International School (BIS)
The S1 and S8 S-Bahn lines connect the airport to the Munich city center at 10-minute intervals.
Weihenstephaner Strasse 2
85716 Unterschleissheim / Lohhof
Phone : +49 89317780
Public Transport – S1 Lohhof station
At MUNICH CENTRAL STATION, go to the lower ground floor and take the S-Bahn line S1 towards Freising / Munich Airport. Get off at the S-Bahn stop Lohhof. Attention: do not use S8 to the airport!
(29 mins EUR5.00 Direct connection)
If you are coming from the AIRPORT, use the S1 towards Ostbahnhof.
Get off at the S-Bahn stop Lohhof.
(20 mins EUR6.60 Direct connection)
Turn right in the railway underpass. After 200 metres, you will reach a roundabout. Our hotel is located on the opposite side, a little to the left.
For a detailed route description, please click here.
Munich has an extensive public transportation system. It consists of a network of underground (U-Bahn), suburban trains (S-Bahn), trams and buses. … The same ticket is valid for all these forms of public transportation. You don’t need different tickets, if you move from train to tram to bus.
Mobile App Links :
Taxis & Uber
Taxis are very expensive. When you are bigger group it can be cheaper and give you more flexibility as you don’t have to rely on timetables. You can ask the hotel to organise a taxi for you.
Uber also operates in Munich so you can use the app to also organise a ride at a more reasonable cost.
Arriving by Car :
- Take the Autobahn A9 in the direction of Nürnberg/Munich Airport.
- At the Neufahrn intersection (Kreuz Neufahrn) drive onto the A92 towards Stuttgart.
- Take the first exit off the A92, which is Lohhof/ Haimhausen. At the first junction turn right at the first traffic lights towards Ingolstadt (Highway B13).
- Keep going for 1 kilometre until you reach Maisteig (you’ll see a large white building on the left-hand side, as you approach the crest of the hill).
- From Maisteig turn left to Haimhausen – continue straight ahead (do not take the right-hand turn into Haimhausen near the bus shelter).
Once in Haimhausen you will arrive at a T-junction. Turn right and proceed for about 500 metres before taking the left exit out of the roundabout onto the BIS access road (just before the Shell station). Bear left at the fork in the access road, and then over a small bridge and right, following signs to the main BIS parking lot.
- From Munich city follow the route B13 to Ingolstadt until you reach Maisteig.
- From there follow the directions above, beginning from #5.
Free Wifi at the conference hotel and of course BIS. Most European SIM cards work well in Germany. Check your provider for roaming costs, do this in advance, don’t get a pricey surprise.
SIM cards are available both at Main Train Station as well as the Airport.
In Germany the power plugs and sockets are of type F. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.